Jovan Zubović completed his Bachelor studies in 1994 at Intercollege Cyprus, Limassol, with major in Business Administration, with an average of 3.386 (max 4). Postgraduate studies on major Marketing he completed at MSM – Maastricht School of Management outreach in Nicosia, Cyprus with an average of 3.791 (max 4). Master thesis “Foreign Investments in Russia” he defended in 1996. (under Dean’s Prof. Dr Andreas Polemitis supervision).
Jovan Zubović has defended a doctoral thesis entitled „Investments in Human Resources as a Factor for Attracting Foreign Direct Investments Focusing on Serbian Financial Industry“ in 2009 on Belgrade Banking Academy, Faculty for Banking, Insurance and Finance.
Zubović was employed on the Institute of Economic Sciences in the period 2003-2012 as a research associate. In February 2012 he has moved to Economics Institute in Belgrade, where he has been selected as deputy president of Scientific Council, and presided it as of 2013.
Since February 2015 he is employed as a director of the Institute of Economic Sciences.
Zubović is a member of the European Association of Labour Economists (EALE) as of 2011 and European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE) as of 2009.
Since 1996 he has continuously participated in editing of scientific journals:
- Since 2013 editor of journal Industrija
- Since 2013 – member of the editorial board of International Journal of Young Researchers in Business Economics published by Mind Reader Publications New Delhi, India
- Since 2012 – member of the editorial board of Journal of Sustainable Economies Management published by IGI Global, USA.
- In the period 2009-2012 – member of the editorial board of the journal Economic Analysis. – In the period 2006-2008 – editor-in-chief of the journal Economic Analysis.
- In the period 1996-2006 – business editor of the journal Маrкеting.
Zubović has led several local and international projects that Economics Institute and Institute of Economic Sciences have realized individually or jointly with other institutions.